Looking for unique ornaments you can do yourself for your tree or as a gift?
Although Christmas is right around the corner, we understand that the wait can be excruciatingly tough and what better way to make time fly than with creating some incredibly cool DIY Christmas Ornaments?
DIY Fabric Christmas Ornament
This DIY Fabric Christmas Ornament is a great way to start a tradition with your kids. Take them shopping with you and let them pick out the styrofoam balls and fabric, and it will make it extra special! They make great teacher gifts, too! If you are a room parent in charge of the Christmas party activity, this would be simple to do as a class.
Kids can cut the fabric and combine different fabric choices, if desired. Let their imaginations run wild and show their favorites. My son would probably pick his favorite football team’s colors…and that’s ok!
That would make a great gift for Grandma in that case, or a cherished ornament year after year.
- Styrofoam Ball (size of your choice)
- 20-30 Square fabric scraps (amount will depend on size of styrofoam ball and how close you put them)
- Ribbon for hanging
- Wooden skewer (or something similar to push fabric into ball)
- Craft glue or hot glue gun (to attach ribbon)
- Using a skewer, push into the center of the fabric square into the ball about half way.
- Repeat, until the ball is covered.
- Glue a ribbon to the top. Let dry.
- Hang and enjoy!
The squares don’t have to be perfect. Approximately 1-2 inch squares work well.
Fabric should stay in nicely, as long as the ornament is handled gently.
DIY Snowflake Snowman
- Dollar store snowflake ornaments about 4-5 boxes (up to 30 snowflakes used- depends on the size of snowflakes and how large you desire your snowman to be)
- Orange felt
- Black felt
- String or ribbon to hang from
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Lay out your snowflakes into 3 different size round shapes (small, medium and large)
- Glue all of your snowflakes together in your 3 round shapes
- Stack and glue your 3 round snowflake shapes together forming the body
- Hot glue on button eyes, button mouth and 3 large buttons down the body
- Cut out of black felt a snowman hat and glue on
- Cut out of orange felt a carrot nose and glue on
- Add ribbon or string to the back to hang from